SOLD - $4,588,000
2,888 Sq. Ft. House + 247 Sq. Ft. Guesthouse
3 Bedroom + Guesthouse
3.5 Bathrooms + 1 Guesthouse
221 W Edith Ave, Los Altos, CA 94022
Nestled in an enclave of three homes developed in 2012, this cul-de-sac garden retreat embraces indoor-outdoor living. The free-flowing layout is soaked in natural light, exceptionally crafted to balance contemporary grandeur with casual functionality.
The gathering areas and rear terrace are perfect for entertaining, and a barbecue, fire-pit, and waterfall feature lend panache to the gardens. Spaces like the gourmet kitchen and private master retreat promise up-to-the-minute luxury. Included are designer fixtures, built-in speakers, a guesthouse, and an office that can be converted into a fourth bedroom.
The prime cul-de-sac location merges peace and exclusivity with utmost convenience, as residents are just moments from beautiful parks and vibrant Downtown Los Altos. Students will be near sought-after schools like Bullis Elementary, Egan Junior, and Los Altos High (buyer to verify attendance).
- Tranquility, privacy, and fabulous style meet in this extravagant home—one of only three residences that inhabit this highly desirable enclave developed in 2012
- Cascades of natural light infuse the interiors with warmth, and multiple points of access to the gardens allow seamless indoor-outdoor living and entertaining
- Wide-plank hardwood floors, multiple fireplaces, and designer fixtures establish an aura of elegance, while surround sound and adjustable lighting throughout the interiors allow high-end convenience
- Vaulted ceilings soar above spacious living and dining rooms, and the open-concept layout shared by the living, kitchen, and breakfast spaces permits effortless transitions
- The formal dining room provides a leisure patio and is fitted with a butler’s pantry and wine cellar (complete with a cooler and storage for over 100 bottles) for optimal efficiency
- An oversized island with bar seating anchors the incredible kitchen, where amenities like a walk-in pantry, slab countertops, stately cabinetry, and top-tier Thermador appliances lend culinary luxury
- Two secondary bedrooms are appointed with a shared full bath, while double doors open to an office with an en-suite bath and private entrance—easily convertible to a fourth bedroom
- The master suite exudes contemporary elegance, providing custom walk-in closet storage and a palatial bath clad in limestone and boasting an oversized rainfall shower and inset soaking tub
- Mature trees shade the rear terrace, which is primed for entertaining with a fire-pit and barbecue with mini refrigerator, while the charming guesthouse holds a private bath and can function as a studio or fitness center
- Included are features like drip irrigation, a paver driveway, an attached two-car garage with epoxy flooring, and much, much more
- This exclusive yet extremely central setting lets residents stroll to recreational facilities at Shoup, Hillview, and Village Parks
- Walk to Downtown Los Altos, which includes fine dining and shopping venues, banking, coffee and tea shops, Hillview Library, and much, much more
- Students can bike to private academies like Pinewood School and sought-after public schools like Bullis Elementary, Egan Junior, and Los Altos High (buyer to verify attendance)
- Within moments are commuting routes like Foothill Expressway and Interstate 280, and you can easily reach world-famous Stanford University and top companies like VMware, Nest Labs, and Tesla